What a treat we have for members this month! Here's the full version of our massive 96-page May edition of Tudor Life Magazine. This month we're focusing on the last years of Elizabeth I's life.
The full magazine contains these articles:
- Elizabeth I’s Clothing Throughout the Ages by Anne Barnhill
- The Elizabethan Succession by Conor Byrne
- Top Books on Elizabeth I by Gareth Russell
- Famous Prisoners at the Tower of London - QUIZ! by Catherine Brooks
- The Death and burial of Elizabeth I by Lauren Browne
- Elizabeth R: Recreating the Virgin Wardrobe by Emma Elizabeth Taylor
- Queen Bette - Bette Davis as Elizabeth I Onscreen by Roland Hui
- Editorial Feature: The FIRST Stuart Queen of England: Anne of Denmark by Gareth Russell
- Warwick Castle and the Commercialisation of History by Catherine Brooks
- QuickFire Questions with Dan Jones
- A Royal wedding in May by Gayle Hulme
- Making a good death by Wendy J. Dunn
- The Tudor World View by Toni Mount
- Two Lesser-known mysteries of Henry VII’s Reign by Debra Bayani
- Acton Court Summer Events
- Discovering Tudor London/The Survival of the Princes in the Tower - Book Reviews by Charlie Fenton
- From the Spicery: On Beans by Rioghnach O’Geraghty
- May’s on this day in Tudor History by Claire Ridgway
High Quality Download (102Mb)
Smaller Download (10Mb)
I love the preview of the cover of the Anne Boleyn coloring book!
I find this portrait of Elizabeth I at the very end of her reign and life very upsetting and moving, because it shows a vulnerable old lady, with death at her shoulder. She looks worn out and unwell and very very human. She really is shown with all of her wrinkles and without her usual make up. It can’t have been an easy thing to come to terms with for a Monarch who is meant to be divine and who is held up as such by her people, but she is bared to the world here. So very sad.
A enjoyable magazine
I’m glad you enjoyed it!