On this day in history, 20th February 1547, the nine-year-old son of the late King Henry VIII was crowned King Edward VI by Archbishop Thomas Cranmer at Westminster Abbey.
Here are some links for you to read more about Edward VI and his coronation:
- 20 February 1547 – The coronation of King Edward VI
- 19 February 1547 - King Edward VI's Coronation Procession
- Edward VI's coronation - Primary Source Accounts and Archbishop Cranmer's speech
- The July 2016 edition of "Tudor Life" magazine was an Edward VI special edition - click here to read it.
- Edward VI ebook
- Edward VI Primary Sources
- Edward VI Books
Also on this day in history, 20th February 1516, Mary I was christened in the Church of the Observant Friars at Greenwich - click here to read about her birth and christening.