In this week's Claire Chats video I talk about the different views on menstruation in Tudor times and how women coped with it.
- Crawford, Patricia (2004) Blood, Bodies and Families in Early Modern England, Pearson Education Ltd.
- Hindson, Bethan (2009) Attitudes towards menstruation and menstrual blood in Elizabethan England, The Free Library (September, 22), http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Attitudes towards menstruation and menstrual blood in Elizabethan...-a0209577950
- Licence, Amy (20012) To Bring on the Flowers: Medieval Women Menstruating. at http://authorherstorianparent.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/to-bring-on-flowers-medieval-women.html
- Mikhaila, Ninya and Malcolm-Davies, Jane (2006) The Tudor Tailor: Reconstructing Sixteenth-Century Dress, Costume and Fashion Press
- Medieval Underwear, HistoryExtra - http://www.historyextra.com/lingerie - photos and articles about an archaeological find of medieval lingerie in Austria.