On this day in history, 28th January 1547, nine-year-old Edward, son of Henry VIII and Jane Seymour, became King Edward VI, succeeding his father, King Henry VIII, who died on this day at Whitehall Palace. Edward didn't hear the news of his father's death until the next day, when he was told of it by Edward Seymour and Anthony Denny.
Here are some resources on this young Tudor king...
More resources on Edward VI:
- Edward VI – True or false quiz
- Researching Edward VI - Claire Chats talk
- Edward VI Books
- Edward VI Primary Sources
- Claire Chats video – A timeline of the events of 1553
- Edward VI "Tudor Life" magazine
- Edward VI bio
- Tudor Society Edward VI e-book
- Archive of Edward VI articles
- Quiz - Edward VI's Regency Council
- 2 April 1552 – Edward VI falls ill
- Edward VI Quiz
- Edward VI's coronation - Primary Source Accounts and Archbishop Cranmer's speech
- Did Edward VI really pluck and kill a falcon?
- King Edward VI Quiz
- 21 June 1553 – Edward VI chooses Lady Jane Grey as his heir
Leave a Reply