In this week's Claire Chats video talk, I talk about what Tudor people actually drank, in a time when water was not safe to drink.
Here are links and sources for further information. I have included my own "Tudor Cooking with Claire" videos in which I make some Tudor drinks.
- Tudor Food and Drink, Friends of Whitehall website.
- The Time-Traveller's Guide to Elizabethan England by Ian Mortimer
- Tudor Monastery Farm - Both the documentary series and the book are wonderful resources.
- How to be a Tudor: A Dawn-to-Dusk Guide to Everyday Life by Ruth Goodman
- The English Housewife By Gervase Markham.
- How to Make Mead From an Ancient 17th Century Recipe
- Making Mead
- How to make mead at home
- Making Metheglins -Adding Spices To Meads
- Melomels-Adding Fruit To Your Mead Recipe
- 1 Gallon Batch of Cherry Mead (Cherry Melomel)
- How to make mead (honey wine)
- Recreating Medieval English Ales