Today is the anniversary of Thomas Cranmer's execution on 21st March 1556, when he was burned at the stake in Oxford for heresy. Here is a list of articles from the Tudor Society and the Anne Boleyn Files about this Oxford Martyr.
- Thomas Cranmer and Stockholm Syndrome - Beth von Staats' excellent article in the November 2014 magazine.
- Thomas Cranmer’s Everlasting Gift: The Book of Common Prayer
- Edward VI’s Coronation – Primary Source Accounts and Archbishop Cranmer’s Speech
- 21 March 1556 - The Burning of Thomas Cranmer, former Archbishop of Canterbury
- The Life of Archbishop Thomas Cranmer
- Thomas Cranmer becomes Archbishop of Canterbury
- The Unlawful Execution of Thomas Cranmer
You can read more about his life in Beth von Staats' book Thomas Cranmer in a Nutshell and Diarmaid MacCulloch's biography Thomas Cranmer: A Life.