Today, I am concluding my examination of Catherine of Aragon's pregnancies and what evidence we have for them from the primary sources. If you missed Part 1, then you can click here to view it now.
Notes and Sources
- Sir John Dewhurst's article "The Alleged Miscarriages of Catherine of Aragon and Anne Boleyn" can be read online at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1139382/pdf/medhist00080-0057.pdf/?tool=pmcentrez
- 'Venice: October 1513', in Calendar of State Papers Relating To English Affairs in the Archives of Venice, Volume 2, 1509-1519, ed. Rawdon Brown (London, 1867), pp. 138-150. British History Online http://www.british-history.ac.uk/cal-state-papers/venice/vol2/pp138-150, also p. 126-137, 220-228, 280-285, 410-418, 556-565,
- Julia Fox's book is Sister Queens: Katherine of Aragon and Juana Queen of Castile
- Garrett Mattingly's book is Catherine of Aragon
- Giles Tremlett's book is Catherine of Aragon: Henry's Spanish Queen
- Chamberlin, Frederick The private character of Henry the Eighth, p. 118 - read online at https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015043290744;view=1up;seq=1
- Gerard de Plein's letter to Margaretof Austria can be found in Lettres du roy Louis XII, et du cardinal George d'Amboise. Avec plusieurs autres lettres, mémoires & instructions écrites depuis 1504 jusques & compris 1514, p. 341, at https://archive.org/stream/lettresduroylou00frangoog#page/n356/mode/2up
- 'Henry VIII: November 1514, 2-10', in Letters and Papers, Foreign and Domestic, Henry VIII, Volume 1, 1509-1514, ed. J S Brewer (London, 1920), pp. 1431-1444. British History Online http://www.british-history.ac.uk/letters-papers-hen8/vol1/pp1431-1444
- Raphael Holinshed's Chronicle can be read at http://english.nsms.ox.ac.uk/holinshed/texts.php?text1=1577_5329#p16073
- Edward Hall's Chronicle can be read at http://www.archive.org/details/hallschronicleco00halluoft, p. 584.
- 'Henry VIII: April 1518, 1-15', in Letters and Papers, Foreign and Domestic, Henry VIII, Volume 2, 1515-1518, ed. J S Brewer (London, 1864), pp. 1252-1267. British History Online http://www.british-history.ac.uk/letters-papers-hen8/vol2/pp1252-1267, also p.1326-1343.