This month in Tudor Life Magazine, we have another of our dynasty features - this time we focus on the Cecils. Of course, no December magazine would be any good without a Christmas section packed with Tudor fun, games and even recipes. It's a fun one, so do enjoy!
- The Cecils and Robert Devereux, the 2nd Earl of Essex by Sarah-Beth Watkins
- All about Elizabethan Spies an interview with Loretta Goldberg
- The Cecils by Gareth Russell
- Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford, The Great Cecil’s Son-in-Law by Lauren Browne
- ‘Elizabeth’ - the film by Roland Hui
- Tudor Life Editor’s Book Picks - Top books on the Cecils
- William Cecil or Robert Dudley Quiz by Catherine Brooks
- Member Spotlight: Bill Wolff visits the Franses Gallery
- Claire's Christmas Recipes by Claire Ridgway
- Spot the difference in these Henry VIII Portraits
- Tudor Games by Claire Ridgway
- Henry VIII vs. Francis I chess game by Tim Ridgway
- The Witches of Elizabethan and Stuart Essex - Kate Cole is our expert speaker for December
- Pustules, Pestilence and Pain & The Queen and the Heretic book reviews by Charlie Fenton
- From the Spicery: Sweet Nothings by Rioghnach O’Geraghty
- Tudor Entertainments - Part 2 by Toni Mount
- December’s “On this Day” by Claire Ridgway
High Quality Download (45Mb)
Smaller Download (6.5Mb)
Hello Tim and Claire. The magazine downloaded perfectly. I took you up on your offer of an open weekend and registered for that and wanted to thank you for the free book of puzzles.
It’s a pleasure, Michael! We’ve got a talk from Gareth Russell going live on Friday 7th, as well as our usual Friday video, and then a live chat on the Saturday evening with Gareth too, plus you’ll be able to have a good browse of the site archives.
Thank you so much for the free weekend! I’m enjoying it very much!
That’s wonderful to hear! I’m so glad.
A warm welcome to you! I’m so glad that you’re enjoying the weekend.