Recommended reading on Tudor places:
- In the Footsteps of Anne Boleyn, Sarah Morris and Natalie Grueninger
- Tudor Places of Great Britain, Claire Ridgway
- Tudor Wales, Nathen Amin
- A Visitor's Companion to Tudor England, Suzannah Lipscomb
- The Royal Palaces of Tudor England: Architecture and Court Life, 1460-1547,Simon Thurley
- Tower (about the Tower of London), Nigel Jones
- Tales from the Tower of London, Daniel Diehl and Mark P Donnelly
- Life in a Tudor Palace, Christopher Gidlow
- Hever Castle and Anne Boleyn, Katherine Longhi
I have both In The Footsteps Of Anne Boleyn and a Visitors Companion to Tudor England, the former is an excellent account of all the places Anne had been too. Well written and researched. Really enjoyed the ‘Grand Tour’.
Sometimes I love a great historical fictional story. Any recommendations?
I love C J Sansom’s Shardlake series, which is set in Henry VIII’s reign, and Conn Iggulden’s Wars of the Roses series is brilliant, I’m just reading a review copy of his second one “Trinity”. I’d also recommend Livi Michael’s “Succession” and C W Gortner’s Tudor series. Have you read Sandra Byrd and Anne Clinard Barnhill’s books? Or Sandra Vasoli’s “Je Anne Boleyn”?