In the second part of my series on the treatment that Mary, the future Mary I, received from her father following the breakdown of her parents' marriage, I look at the years 1534 and 1535 and what happened to Mary after Parliament passed the First Act of Succession.
If you haven't watched Part 1 of this series then please do watch that first - click here.
Notes and Sources
- Letters and Papers, Foreign and Domestic, Henry VIII, Volume VI, 1126.
- Ibid., Volume VII, 420, 469, 530, 662, 726, 810, 871, 980, 1036.
- Ibid., Volume VIII, 1, 263, 200, , 429, 725.
- Ibid., Volume IX, 862, 873.
- Calendar of State Papers, Spain, Volume V: Part 1, 156, 148, 210, 218, 183, 203, 211
- Whitelock, Anna (2009) Mary Tudor: Princess, Bastard, Queen, Random House.
- The record of Mary's letter to Chapuys in October 1535 can be read at http://www.british-history.ac.uk/cal-state-papers/spain/vol5/no1/pp545-562, document 218, and Catherine's letters to the Emperor and the Pope can be read on that same page, documents 210 and 211.