In today's Claire Chats video talk, I finish my series on the treatment Mary received at the hands of her father following the breakdown of her parents' marriage. I examine what happened to Mary after the death of her mother in January 1536 and Anne Boleyn's execution in May 1536.
If you missed parts 1 and 2 then here are links to watch those two talks first:
- The Treatment of Mary Tudor (Mary I) Part 2
Notes and Sources
- Calendar of State Papers, Spain, Volume 5 Part 2, 1536-1538, 9, 70; dditions and Corrections, p. 574.
- Letters and Papers, Foreign and Domestic, Henry VIII, Volume 10, January-June 1536, 307, 1083.
- Wiesener, Louis (1878) La jeunesse d'Elisabeth d'Angleterre (1533-1558), Hachette et Cie.
- Lingard, John (1820) The History of England, from the First Invasion By the Romans to the Accession of Mary, Volume IV, p.244.
- Cassell, Peter (1873) Cassell’s Illustrated History of England, Volume 2, p6.
- Speed, John (1611) The History of Great Britain
- State Papers: King Henry VIII, Volume I, Parts I and II, p.457-458.
- Letters and Papers, Foreign and Domestic, Henry VIII, Volume 11, July-December 1536, 576, 597.