Thank you to my village's clock tower bells for inspiring this week's Claire Chats talk!
The full scene isn't available now (grrr!), but in it, Elizabeth puts on the watch and then spills her wine when she turns her wrist to look at the time. She was not amused!
- Find out more about the Anne Boleyn clock at https://www.rct.uk/collection/30018/anne-boleyn-clock and https://strawberryhillhouseblog.wordpress.com/2018/09/10/362/
- The Ricardian Register article can be found at http://www.r3.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/2007_03.pdf and Faraday's article at https://www.repository.cam.ac.uk/bitstream/handle/1810/285972/Faraday-2018-Renaissance_Studies.pdf?sequence=3&isAllowed=y
- Tudor and Jacobean Jewellery by Diana Scarisbrick
- How Did People in the Middle Ages Tell Time? by Tim O' Neill - https://www.huffpost.com/entry/how-did-people-in-the-mid....
- Medieval Christian Liturgy - https://oxfordre.com/religion/view/10.1093/acrefore/9780199340378.001.0001/acrefore-9780199340378-e-84
- Clock Towers - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_timekeeping_devices#Clock_towers
- Early Mechanical Clocks - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clock#Early_mechanical_clocks
- Hampton Court Astronomical Clock - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampton_Court_astronomical_clock
- Water clock - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_clock