Here are some facts about The Mary Rose:
- The Mary Rose served her king for 34 years.
- She fought against France in 1512 in the Battle of Saint-Mathieu.
- She was part of England’s victory at Flodden in 1513 as the troop transport ship.
- She was chosen as the flagship in skirmishes against France in the 1520s.
- Sadly, she sank in the Battle of the Solent on 19th July 1545.
- Over 400 men went down with her.
- She was raised in 1982 and can be seen at the Mary Rose Museum in Portsmouth.
Find out more about the Mary Rose in these videos:
Also on this day in Tudor history...