Catherine of Aragon and Arthur Tudor, Prince of Wales, were married from 14th November 1501 until Arthur's death on 2nd April 1502, but did they consummate their marriage? They certainly slept in the same bed, but did Catherine of Aragon and Arthur Tudor have sex?
Find out what people said at the Legatine court hearing in 1529 and the Zaragoza hearing in 1531, and what Catherine claimed, in this talk...
Huge thanks to Lucy from the UK for asking such a wonderful question.
- Sister Queens by Julia Fox
- Catherine of Aragon, Henry’s Spanish Queen by Giles Tremlett
- Tudor by Leanda de Lisle
- Catherine of Aragon by Patrick Williams
- The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Antonia Fraser
- Six Wives by David Starkey
- Catherine of Aragon by Garrett Mattingly
- Catherine of Aragon: An Intimate Life of Henry VIII's True Wife by Amy Licence
- Did Arthur Tudor consummate his marriage by Kyra Kramer - http://www.kyrackramer.com/2020/01/26/did-arthur-tudor-consummate-his-marriage/
- Catherine of Aragon: Spain’s Virgin queen? - https://www.historyextra.com/period/tudor/catherine-aragon-katherine-henry-viii-wife-queen-facts-virgin-sex-arthur-divorce-rome-how-why/