As today is the anniversary of the death of Jane Seymour, third wife and queen consort of King Henry VIII and mother of King Edward VI, on 24th October 1537, I thought I'd share some resources from our archives:
- 24 October 1537 - Death of Queen Jane Seymour - An article including primary source accounts of her illness and death.
- June 2018 - Tudor Life Magazine - A special edition on the Seymours. It includes an excellent article by midwife Dayna Goodchild on Jane's labour and subsequent death.
- Gareth Russell's talk on Jane Seymour
- Researching Jane the Quene - Expert talk by Janet Wertman
- Jane Seymour quiz
- Jane Seymour - A brief bio of Jane.
- 12 November 1537 – Jane Seymour’s remains moved to Windsor
- 13 November 1537 – Queen Jane Seymour is buried
- Who was Jane Seymour?
- Phoenix Birth: A Look at Jane Seymour and the Importance of Death and Birth in Tudor England
Leave a Reply