In this week Claire Chats video, Claire talks about Tudor medicine, the four humours and some of the rather weird and wonderful treatments Tudor people were advised to use.
- The English Housewife by Gervase Markham - This was first published in 1615 and is a wonderful book. Many of the cures I mention are out of this book.
- Tudor Monastery Farm by Ruth Goodman, Peter Ginn and Tom Pinfold
- Elizabeth's London: Everyday Life in Elizabethan London by Liza Picard
- Lancets and Leeches and Cupping! Oh My! Bloodletting Practices in Early Modern England - Text
- Humours, http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/broughttolife/themes/traditions/humours.aspx
- Medical Astrology, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_astrology