In today's Claire Chats video I discuss whether Lady Jane Grey should actually be called Queen Jane. By the way, the panting in the background is our labrador Baxter, he was rather hot and bothered!
Sources and Further Reading
- Ives, Eric (2011) Lady Jane Grey: A Tudor Mystery, Wiley-Blackwell.
- de Lisle, Leanda (2010) The Sisters Who Would Be Queen: The Tragedy of Mary, Katherine and Lady Jane Grey, HarperPress.
- The Statute of Merton - http://www.mertonhistoricalsociety.org.uk/doc_library/1236Statute.pdf
- TudorHistory.org discussion regarding Queen Jane - http://queryblog.tudorhistory.org/2008/10/question-from-kelly-numbering-of-future.html
- Third Act of Succession - http://www.luminarium.org/encyclopedia/actsuccession3.htm
- 21 June 1553 - Edward VI chooses Lady Jane Grey as his heir