In this week's Claire Chats video talk, I look at the history of the tradition that we see in towns and villages all around the UK on May Day - morris dancing.
In my talk, I mention the two talks I did on the court masque and here are the links for those talks:
Notes and Sources
- History of Morris Dancing - https://www.rattlejagmorris.org.uk/history-of-morris-dancing
- ed. Wagner, John A. and Schmid, Susan Walters (2011) Encyclopedia of Tudor England, Volume 2, ABC-CLIO, LLC.
- Norris, Herbert (1997) Tudor Costume and Fashion, Dover.
- Forrest, John (1999) The History of Morris Dancing, 1438-1750, University of Toronto Press.
- Welsford, Enid (1927, 2015) The Court Masque: A Study in the Relationship between Poetry and the Revels, Cambridge University Press.
Leave a Reply