Brrrrr! I know I live in "sunny Spain", but it's got rather chilly here! What's the weather like with you? I'm definitely more of a summer girl!
This cold snap inspired this week's Claire Chats and I hope you enjoy it.
In the video, I mention the "Tales from the Green Valley" documentary and you can watch the series at
The following video is about surviving winter in the Middle Ages, so earlier, but is still interesting. I know it gets incredibly cold in winter in Russia because my son lives in Moscow and last winter it was -30°C on some days!
Links for Further Reading
- 6 Months in the Middle Ages: Surviving the Moscow Winter
- Wintertime survival in a medieval Sherwood Forest
- Keeping Warm in the Middle Ages
- 10 WAYS TO KEEP WARM THROUGH TIME
- Warm, dry and happy. Out and about in wintertime Exploring the Medieval Hunt.
- Life in Tudor Times
- Sleep tight! Going to bed in Medieval and Tudor England
- Curling Up With the Rats...Sleeping Arrangements in Medieval Castles
- Warmth and Comfort – Keeping Warm Throughout History