This month's informal live chat is on Saturday 13th January and the topic is Henry VIII - tyrant? Yes, we're discussing that iconic monarch and whether or not the label "tyrant" can be used to describe him. It should be a very interesting debate and I'm looking forward to it.
With our informal chats, we don't have an expert to 'grill', we just all bundle into the chatroom and have fun debating the topic for an hour. The moderator is just there to check that it runs smoothly, and to join the debate too. Feel free to share book recommendations, to pose questions, to share your views...
Here are the times in different time zones:
- London, UK - Saturday 13 January at 11pm
- Madrid, Spain - Sunday 14 January at 12am
- New York, USA - Saturday 13 January at 6pm
- Los Angeles, USA - Saturday 13 January at 3pm
- Sydney, Australia - Sunday 14 January at 10am
- Adelaide, Australia - Sunday 14 January at 9.30am
You can find the chatroom at https://www.tudorsociety.com/chatroom/. It's really easy to join in, you just go to the chatroom at the scheduled time and type your question or comment into the text box and click on "send", or feel free to lurk! They're always good fun.
I have an obligation that day, but will look forward to learning more about the discussion!
That’s a shame!