In today's Claire Chats video I look at two examples of court revels that took place in Henry VII's reign.
I mentioned my two-part talk on Court Masques and here are those videos:
- The primary source account of the revels to celebrate the wedding of Prince Arthur and Catherine of Aragon came from English pageantry: an historical outline by Robert Withington (1918), p. 113 onwards. You can read this online at https://archive.org/stream/englishpageantry01with#page/112/mode/2up
- Court Revels 1485-1559 by W.R. Streitberger.
- The Court Masque: A Study in the Relationship between Poetry and the Revels by Enid Welsford
- Spectacle, Pageantry and Early Tudor Policy by Sydney Anglo
- You can read about the pageantry associated with Catherine of Aragon entering London in The Chronicles of London at https://archive.org/stream/chroniclesoflond00kinguoft#page/234/mode/2up, p. 234 onwards.