In today's Claire Chats video, I clear up a few misunderstanding that seem prevalent on social media regarding coronations, the numbering of monarchs, queens regnant versus queens consort, what makes a monarch and a few other issues to do with coronations and monarchy.
The article I mention in my talk can be found at http://royalcentral.co.uk/blogs/insight/why-isnt-prince-philip-king-22725.
If you'd like to read more about Tudor coronations, then here are some links:
- Tudor Life Magazine Coronation Special (August 2015) - This includes an article by Leanda de Lisle on Henry VII's coronation.
- Coronation of Elizabeth of York – 25 November 1487
- 24 June 1509 – The coronation of King Henry VIII and Queen Catherine
- 19 February 1547 – The coronation procession of King Edward VI
- Edward VI’s Coronation – Primary Source Accounts and Archbishop Cranmer’s Speech
- 14 January 1559 – Elizabeth I’s Coronation Procession
- Video – Elizabeth I’s Coronation Procession and The Quenes Maiesties Passage
- Elizabeth I’s coronation – A primary source account
- Mary I’s Coronation Part 4 – The Coronation
- Tudor and Plantagent Coronations Crossword
And here's a video of the coronation the late Queen Elizabeth II in 1953: