In this week's Claire Chats, I explain the situation with Bosworth Battlefield, what it's all about, what happened at the planning meeting and what we can about it.
Please so sign the petition at https://www.change.org/p/planning-hinckley-bosworth-gov-uk-stop-building-a-high-test-track-on-bosworth-battlefield, wherever you are in the world.
I think you'll also find this video from Dr Glenn Foard on the battlefield of interest:
Sources and Further Resources
- Historians prepare to fight car test track plans for site of Battle of Bosworth Field, The Independent
- Mike Ingram's Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/mike.ingram.16
- The Battlefields Trust Statement
- The Battlefields Trust Facebook page
- What happened when councillors met to debate £26m MIRA track plan at Bosworth Battlefield
- £26m MIRA driverless car testing track could be built on part of Bosworth Battlefield
- NEW BATTLE OF BOSWORTH AS £26M TEST TRACK PLAN THREATENS RICHARD THE THIRD SITE
- The new battle of Bosworth: Supporters unite against £26m MIRA track plan at Richard III field
This is horrible…we must protest!!
Thanks so much to you and all of the other historians for actively spreading the word about this issue, Claire!! Hopefully all of our voices will eventually stop this threat and preserve Bosworth for good!!
Apparently the petition now has over 10,000 signatures so it’s really good news.