In this week's Claire Chats talk, I am continuing my series on the Tudor monarchs, and examiningg their reigns for "the good, the bad, the ugly", i.e. their achievements and the not-so-good stuff, by looking at the reign of the second Tudor monarch, King Henry VIII.
King Henry VIII is an iconic monarch known more for his treatment of his six wives and the awful executions of his reign, but what about his achievements? Did he do anything good for his country and people?
Please do share your views in the comments section too - thank you!
More talks on Henry VIII:
- Video – Henry VIII: Renaissance Prince
- Video – Henry VIII: Tyrant Part 1
- Video – Henry VIII: Tyrant Part 2
Expert talks on Henry VIII:
- December Expert – Gareth Russell – Henry VIII as a military leader
- Henry VIII's Health by Kyra Kramer
- A Brief History of Britain 1485-1660 by Ronald Hutton
- Henry: Virtuous Prince by David Starkey
- Henry VIII by J J Scarisbrick
- Any of the books on Henry VIII by Robert Hutchinson
- See our Henry VIII Books page for recommended reading.