Those of you who live in the UK, or who are visiting the UK this autumn, may be interested in seeing Renaissance music group Piva perform their popular "Measure for Measure" programme. The five members of Piva have a huge knowledge of renaissance music and instruments, and are all multi-instrumentalists - playing up to 40 different instruments at a gig! They really are worth seeing if you can get to any of their performances. While you're there, do make sure you say hello to Piva musician Jane Moulder who writes a regular column for Tudor Life magazine and who is working on a book, Tudor Music: In a Nutshell.
- 17 October - Piva are performing at Gretton Village Hall, Northants. 7.30pm Tickets £10.00 available from Village Post Office or Andy Butterworth on 01536 770302. Tickets also available on the door. http://www.piva.org.uk/calendar.html
- 23 October - Piva are performing at St Mary's Church, Fretherne, Glos. 7.30pm Tickets £10.00 and are available on the door. Or contact Ann on 01452 740622 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Annabel on 01452 741586, http://www.piva.org.uk/calendar.html
- 24 October - Piva are performing at Cotleigh Brewery, Wiveliscombe, Somerst. 7.30 for 8.00pm. Tickets £10.00/12.00 available from David on 01984 623308 or on the door. Further info available from http://www.silverstreetsessions.co.uk/ and http://www.piva.org.uk/calendar.html
Future dates include appearances at:
- King Edward St Chapel, Macclesfield (4 December), tel: 07812 645460
- Halsway Manor (11 December), http://www.halswaymanor.org.uk/
- Stafford Gatehouse (18 December), http://www.staffordgatehouse.co.uk/
- Little Moreton Hall, Cheshire (19 & 20 December), http://www.nationaltrust.co.uk/
Dates will be added to their calendar at http://www.piva.org.uk/calendar.html as bookings are confirmed.