The subject of today's Claire Chats video talk is King Francis I of France, "le Roi-Chevalier" (the Knight King) and "Père des Lettres" (Father of Letters), Henry VIII's contemporary. Who was he and what was he like?
Here are the other articles and videos I mention:
Sources and further reading
- Knecht, R.J. (2008) Francis I, Cambridge University Press.
- "Francis I (1494-1547)", Anniina Jokinen, Luminarium, http://www.luminarium.org/encyclopedia/francis1.htm
- "The Story of Old France", Helene Guerber, Heritage-History.com - https://www.heritage-history.com/index.php?c=read&author=guerber&book=oldfrance&story=francis1end
- "Francis I, King of France", Britannica.com
- Francis I (France), Encyclopedia.com
- Francis I of France, Wikpedia