To celebrate our Tudor Society open weekend, we have a special bonus expert talk this month from historian Gareth Russell, author of Young and Damned and Fair: The Life and Tragedy of Catherine Howard, Fifth Wife of King Henry VIII.
Gareth is also joining us in the Tudor Society chatroom at https://www.tudorsociety.com/chatroom/ for a Q&A session.
Here are the times of the chat in different time zones:
- London, UK - Saturday 8th December at 11pm
- Madrid, Spain - Sunday 9th December at 12am
- New York, USA - Saturday 8th December at 6pm
- Los Angeles, USA - Saturday 8th December at 3pm
- Sydney, Australia - Sunday 9th December at 10am
- Adelaide, Australia - Sunday 9th December at 9.30am
Our actual December expert speaker is historian Kate Cole who has done us a wonderful talk on "The Witches of Elizabethan and Stuart Essex". Kate says of her talk: "It's a fascinating subject with so many aspects to it - religion, Witchfinders (Essex had two), neighbourly quarrels, poor women living outside the “norms” of society. My talk also includes examples of ordinary people who were caught up in the witchcraft trials." You can click here to listen to Kate's talk.
You can browse our archives of Expert Talks going back to 2014 here.