In this week's Claire Chats I start a two part series on Elizabeth I and the fall of Mary, Queen of Scots. Today, I focus on what led to Mary, Queen of Scots' execution and next week I will examine the controversy surrounding her death warrant.
Notes and Sources
- Bloody Queens: Elizabeth and Mary, BBC2 programme, February 2015, click here to watch it.
- Guy, John (2004) My Heart is My Own: The Life of Mary Queen of Scots, Harper Perennial.
- Weir, Alison (2009) Elizabeth the Queen, Vintage.
- Somerset, Anne (2002) Elizabeth I, W&N.
- Camden, William (1635) Annales or, The historie of the most renowned and victorious princesse Elizabeth, late Queen of England, printed by Thomas Harper, London, p. 345. Available to read online at Google Books.