In this week's Claire chats video, I talk about some of the art books I own and would recommend. Please do share in the comments below which books you would recommend to other Tudor Society members on art.
- Tudor & Jacobean Portraits, 2 volume set, by the National Portrait Gallery and edited by Roy Strong.
- The English Renaissance Miniature by Roy Strong, published by Thames & Hudson Ltd, 1984.
- Artists of the Tudor Court: Portrait Miniature Rediscovered, 1520-1620 by Roy Strong, published by Victoria & Albert Museum, 1983.
- Hans Holbein the Younger, 1497/98-1543: Portraitist of the Renaissance, Royal Cabinet of Paintings Mauritshuis, 2003.
- I also mentioned John North's The Ambassadors' Secret: Holbein and the World of the Renaissance, published by Phoenix, 2004.