November - a very melancholy month!
The Tudors thought about death around the start of November, and so for this month's magazine we're doing the same. You'll be fascinated by the detailed articles we've put together for you to enjoy... though some are a little bit gruesome - be warned!
COMMENT BELOW FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A COPY OF A BOOK
Want a chance to win Kathryn Warner’s acclaimed biography of King Edward II? Make sure you leave a comment below before the end of November!
This issue includes:
- The macabre dance - Ruth Cowden
- The life and death of George Villiers, Duke of Buckingham - Dominic Pierce
- Melancholic music - Jane Moulder
- Macabre iconography - Melanie V. Taylor
- Dominic Pearce
- The death and survival of Edward II - Kathryn Warner
- The death and funerary rites of Elizabeth of York - Lauren Brown
- Shakespeare quiz
- English Tudor era execution methods - Beth von Staats
- The Crown: The Tudors, Windsors and the silver screen - Gareth Russell
- The once and future prince - Olga Hughes
- November feast days - Claire Ridgway
- Shakespeare's birthplace - Andy Crossley
High Quality Download (95Mb)
Smaller Download (14.5Mb)