I just wanted to share with you some resources from the National Archives for those of you using primary sources for your research. Reading and interpreting old documents can be a challenge in many different ways, so here are some resources you should find useful, just click on the links:
- Beginners' Latin - Latin 1086 – 1733: a practical online tutorial for beginners.
- Advanced Latin - A step-by-step online tutorial with 12 lessons to teach medieval Latin to an advanced level.
- Palaeography : reading old handwriting 1500 - 1800 - A practical online tutorial.
- Latin Palaeography - This online tutorial will help you learn to read the handwriting found in documents written in Latin between 1086 and 1500.
- Currency Coverter - Use our online currency converter to find out how old prices compare with new. It's a bit out of date, using 2005 prices, but it gives you an idea.
- Roman numerals - Learn how to read Roman numerals with this quick guide.