I just wanted to share with you some resources from the National Archives for those of you using primary sources for your research. Reading and interpreting old documents can be a challenge in many different ways, so here are some resources you should find useful, just click on the links:
- Beginners' Latin - Latin 1086 – 1733: a practical online tutorial for beginners.
- Advanced Latin - A step-by-step online tutorial with 12 lessons to teach medieval Latin to an advanced level.
- Palaeography : reading old handwriting 1500 - 1800 - A practical online tutorial.
- Latin Palaeography - This online tutorial will help you learn to read the handwriting found in documents written in Latin between 1086 and 1500.
- Currency Coverter - Use our online currency converter to find out how old prices compare with new. It's a bit out of date, using 2005 prices, but it gives you an idea.
- Roman numerals - Learn how to read Roman numerals with this quick guide.
Thank you so much for this very helpful info!
Great resources. Thank you so much!
That’s ok, I’m glad you found it helpful.