In today's Claire Chats video I look at how the Tudors kept their homes clean and how they did their laundry.
You will also find the following video resources useful:
- Shakespeare's Mother: The Secret Life of a Tudor Woman
- Tales from Green Valley series
- Tudor Monastery Farm series
*I mention "cinkfoyle" in my talk as being mixed with red arsenic and "Mertum Cudum" as a stain remover and Tim pointed out afterwards that it was probably "zinc foil".
- Sim, Alison (2010), The Tudor Housewife, The History Press.
- Goodman, Ruth; Ginn, Peter; Pinfold, Tom (2013) Tudor Monastery Farm: Life in rural England 500 years ago, BBC Books.