Thank you so much to Tudor Society member Ceri Creffield for inspiring this week's Claire Chats talk by telling me about the gigantones of Toledo and Anne Boleyn. I just had to find out more, particularly as I live in Spain and had never heard of this tradition.
- The Golden Legend - https://sourcebooks.fordham.edu/basis/goldenlegend/GoldenLegend-Volume4.asp
- The Tarasca Feast of Corpus Christi - https://studyabroad.arcadia.edu/blogs/arcadia-spain/post/the-tarasca-feast-of-corpus-christi/
- Lat Tarasca, Granada - https://granadapickups.blogspot.com/2015/06/la-tarasca.html
- The Corpus Christi Fair - https://www.pictourama.com/en/corpus-fair/
- The Tarasca and the Gigantones of Corpus Christi in Toledo - https://toledospain.click/the-tarasca-and-the-gigantones-of-corpus-christi-in-toledo/
- The gigantones of Corpus Christi - https://www.encastillalamancha.es/castilla-la-mancha/este-ano-el-desfile-de-gigantones-del-corpus-de-toledo-viene-con-novedades/#:~:text=Representan%20a%20los%20reyes%20cat%C3%B3licos,y%20causante%20del%20cisma%20anglicano