Become a member and enjoy the magazine along with monthly expert talks, live chats, exclusive videos, resources, articles and more - click here. We have a 14-day free trial so there's nothing to stop you.
There’s no question of how important the “House of Austria” was in the history of world politics and this dynastic colossus really burst into English diplomacy in the Tudor era. Henry VIII’s first queen, Katherine of Aragon, was the Habsburg Emperor’s aunt; Mary I married a Habsburg king, while Elizabeth I and Mary, Queen of Scots both considered marrying Habsburg princes.
This month's full magazine includes:
- The Dragon and the Eagle: The Tudors’ relationship with the House of Habsburg by Gareth Russell
- Henry VII ‘Entertains’ Philip of Burgundy by Gayle Hulme
- The Two Annes of Hever Castle by Owen Emmerson
- The Rise of the Habsburgs by Heather R. Darsie
- The Persecuted Poles by Sarah-Beth Watkins
- The Marriage of Mary I and Philip of Spain by Roland Hui
- Editor’s Picks by Gareth Russell
- Maximilian I – The Triumphs of a White King by Jane Moulder
- Katherine Parr As Regent and Her Enduring Example to the Future Queen Elizabeth I by Susan Abernethy
- Places to Visit: Scotland by Emma Casson & Merel de Klerk
- Members’ Bulletin by Tim Ridgway
- Intriguing Stories From a Moated Manor House in Kent by Toni Mount
- Henry VIII in 100 Objects | Richard III in the North Reviews by Charlie Fenton
- Medieval Food Myths by Rioghnach O’Geraghty
Click on the magazine BELOW to open up the taster right now...