Every month we have a crammed agenda here at the Tudor Society and this month is no different. Here are many of the thrilling things that are happening in May:
- Expert speaker Lucy Churcill - Lucy is a stonecarver. She will be talking to us about her research into the surviving 1534 Anne Boleyn medal, one of the only contemporary images we have of Anne Boleyn, and how she went about recreating it. Lucy's expert talk is live for members on the first of May. She is joining us for a live Q&A in the chatroom on the 15th of May.
- The May edition of Tudor Life Magazine is out now for members to read. The theme is Envy and features articles on the rivalry of Katherine of Aragon and Anne Boleyn, the musical envy of Henry VIII and a quiz on Tudor rivals. See the taster here!
- Our weekly Friday videos this month include Lil from Lil's Vintage World talking to us about the book Elizabeth by David Starkey, food historian Brigitte Webster talking about living Tudor history, historian Julian Humphrys about whether Henry VII was a coward at Bosworth? and historian and author Claire Ridgway will be doing a Facebook live talk about Henry VII and Elizabeth of York in the Members only group.
- Our May informal chat doesn't have a set Tudor topic, it's just about Tudor history, so members can share book recommendations, talk about Tudor series and films, pose questions on topics, and just talk Tudor to their hearts' content. It will take place on the 7th of May.
- All that and our weekly Sunday quizzes/puzzles, our archives of talks, magazines, videos and articles going back to 2014, and our e-book series and resources - phew! Lots of Tudor goodies to keep us busy!
If you're not already a member, you can test out the Tudor Society with our 14 Day Free Trial: click here.