Every month we have a crammed agenda here at the Tudor Society and this month is no different. Here are many of the thrilling things that are happening in April:
- Expert speaker Nicola Tallis - Nicola is a British historian and author. She has written many books, including her latest book “Uncrowned Queen: The Fateful Life of Margaret Beaufort”. In her expert talk, she will talk all about Margaret, who is known as the matriarch of the Tudor dynasty. Nicola’s expert talk is live for members on the first of April. She is joining us for a live Q&A in the chatroom on the 23rd of April.
- The April edition of Tudor Life Magazine is out now for members to read. The theme is Greed and features articles on Tudor Money, The Dudleys, The Earl of Lennox and many more! See the taster here.
- Our weekly videos this month include historian Julian Humphrys talking to us about Livery badges, food historian Brigitte Webster talking about Easter food in Tudor times, and Catherine Brooks talking to us about the Siege of Haddington, as well as two videos from our founder, historian and author Claire Ridgway.
- Our April informal chat doesn't have a set Tudor topic, it's just about Tudor history, so members can share book recommendations, talk about Tudor series and films, pose questions on topics, and just talk Tudor to their hearts' content. It will take place on the 10th of April.
- All that and our weekly Sunday quizzes/puzzles, our archives of talks, magazines, videos and articles going back to 2014, and our e-book series and resources - phew! Lots of Tudor goodies to keep us busy!
If you're not already a member, you can test out the Tudor Society with our 14 Day Free Trial: click here.