In this month's Tudor Life magazine we are focussing on James VI of Scotland who became James I, "King of Great Britain" in 1603. It's an interesting view of the man who took over from Elizabeth I.
The full magazine has loads of articles for members to enjoy including:
- Crown and Parliament written by Westminster Palace
- James I: A Life of Difficulties by Gareth Russell
- ‘The Wicked Dealings of ... ungodly Creatures’ by Roland Hui
- Margaret Tudor True or False Quiz by Catherine Brooks
- Was James I Gay? by Gareth Russell
- Editor’s Picks for books on James I
- Heroic or Villain? James I in Gunpowder by Emma Elizabeth Taylor
- Tudor Science: Studying Stars by Toni Mount
- Memories from the Anne Boleyn Experience 2018 by Claire Ridgway
- Tudor life in action by The Companye of Merrie Folke
- Book Reviews: Elizabeth of York and her Six Daughters-in-Law & Elizabeth’s Rival reviews by Charlie Fenton
- From the Spicery: On Ales by Rioghnach O’Geraghty
- Tudor Ghost Story Competition by Wendy J. Dunn
- July’s “On this Day in Tudor History” by Claire Ridgway
You can become a member and enjoy the magazine along with monthly expert talks, live chats, exclusive videos, resources, articles and more - click here. Tudor Life magazine is available as a monthly digital download and also as a paper quarterly.
Click on the magazine to open up the taster right now...